Day of Surgery• Shower or bathe and brush teeth, but do not apply eye makeup.
• Do not bring valuables or money, except payment arranged through our Business Office.
• Wear loose, comfortable clothing that is easy to get on and off, but please, no watch or jewelry.
• Bring a complete list of medications you currently are taking, but leave medications at home. If you wear contact lenses, please bring your container.
• Come in the Central Registration entrance and check in at the registration desk from 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. After hours and on weekends, enter through the Emergency Room entrance and check in at the Nurse's Station.
• Your surgery time may be moved ahead. Be prepared to come early if we call you. Also, emergencies may cause delays in your scheduled operating time. Please be patient.
• A nurse will admit you and prepare you for surgery. You will be asked to sign necessary forms. A parent or guardian must sign for a minor (under 18). You will meet with your physician and anesthetist prior to surgery.
• Your family members and friends may wait in our lobby while you are in surgery.
• Please be on time to prevent delays.
Surgery Patient Guidelines: (click links below)
What To Expect
Before Your Surgery
Food & Drink Instructions